Tuning Appointment cancellations

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:20:14 -0800

Good math,Terry!
What I tried to say is: not every clien is regular,loyal,etc.Some people
call us on a regular basis,"every election year",or so.I had learned not to
push

the agenda,not to critisize them.. My dentist has a simple rule: you don't
have to floss all your teeth,only ones you want to keep! II had learned not
to delete customers names.A few times they called me 15 years later,or
piano owner was dead,but her son called me from
Baltimore and wanted to know condition of the piano in order to sell it
Lately I duplicate names of clients because of multiple telephones they
have,my program is old and i can do search by Home phone line only.. This
number of accumulated clients doesn't mean they are active,many of them had
probably switched to other tuners. On a few occasions I had send reminder
cards to people who did not have their pianos serviced for 5+ years and
many cards had returned,because an average american moves every 10 years.
THat prompted me to have a class and talk about value of our business.I
think,you were there in South Bay Chapter meeting a year ago..Also,this
number of clients ppppproves the value of working for piano dealers,it's
more aeffective in accumulating clients then any form of advertising,plus
experience. Let's talk more about it..
Isaac.

PER
> DAY!!!! At about $100 per tuning, you'd be making roughly $800,000 per
year!
> I guess that elusive $1,000,000 per year is within reach, and if each
client
> tunes every SIX months, you suddenly jumped up to $1,600,000 per year!
But
> can you tune 44 pianos prer day??  :)
> Terry Peterson

Isaac