torque

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:01:33 +0100

John Ross wrote:

> *I am having a problem figuring out, how a swing test could even be
> done on a jack.*
> *I have only done swing tests on hammer flanges.*
> *I use a gram guage for the other flanges.*

Like I say... lets not get hung up in side tracks here.... you all
pretty much know just how tight a hammer flange center <<feels>> using
the old tried and true finger test.  The jack center should compare very
favourably.... yes ?  I am not sure at all you need the equivalant of a
swing test, or a friction gauge, or any other such exacting test to get
jack centers to conform to an acceptable tolerance here.

Cheers
RicB