Plastic action parts

Don Mannino donmannino@comcast.net
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:32:34 -0800

You know, it's kind of funny - Kawai has used ABS since 1968 - 36 years
without any brittleness, cracking, weakening, etc.  Yet people still call
it into question.

When Kawai first introduced the ABS, people said, "Yeah, but let's see how
they are after 10 years."  10 years went by and the parts still worked
great, and people said, "yeah, but let's see how they are after 20
years."  20 years passed and people said, "Yeah, but let's see how they are
after 30 years."  Now the parts have been working well for 30 years with no
degradation, but people won't be happy until 50 or 100 years have passed.

And then you read threads on this list about the piano business stagnating
and not innovating.  Gee, I wonder why?

Don Mannino, RPT
Kawai America