Action Model

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:36:44 -0600

Hi, Mr. Mannino

Your advice is well received on my part. I was referring to Don Rose in =
my reply if there is any question. Yes, It is a "great experience, if =
nothing else". I now amend my post. My octave model was conceived to =
show wear points, and visually demonstrate them. I agree that one of the =
single key,wippen,damper,hammer,etc should be replaced as new as =
possible. The others ,as in my post should be to demonstrate the =
difference. Use old varied parts,hopefully in increments in order to =
visually let the customer understand the problems that we encounter, =
while educating them to the best of our ability

Hubert Liverman
Tuner/tech
Opelika, AL
 ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Don Mannino=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 12:25 PM
  Subject: Re: Action Model

  Julia,

  Most piano companies have action models for sale, but they are =
expensive, like $200 and up.  Kawai currently is out of upright models, =
but to order a grand action model call the parts department at (800) =
421-2177 (in the US or Canada).

  I would suggest, though, that you reserve a Saturday to make one out =
of the old piano parts.  It would be a great experience, if nothing =
else.  Replace the worn cloths and leathers, rebush the keys, and make a =
3 note model!

  Don Mannino RPT