Action Model

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 02:29:27 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <Alpha88x@aol.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 6:42 AM
Subject: Action Model

> Greetings,
 >         Where can I purchase an action model, grand and upright? and: If
> have an old upright action, would it be a good idea to chop it up and
> build the
> upright model myself?
> Julia
> Reading, PA

Yes, PTG has the 3-note Young Chang vertical action model, and there are
probably some still in stock (they're used for the technical exam), but soon
Young Chang will no longer be supplying them.   The grand action model
(Renner) used for the test has to be purchased from Renner, but they are
currently out of stock.
    It's a good experience to make your own from an old action.  I made both
an upright and a grand.  The type that is used for the exam is much more
useful in my opinion, as opposed to the type that's mounted on a backing
board.
    It takes some doing, but you learna lot.
--David Nereson, RPT