regulation problems in Aeolian era M and H 50"

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:25:33 -0600

At 9:55 AM -0500 12/19/04, Piannaman@aol.com wrote:
>>  There was a huge gap between the bottom of the key and the
>>punching when the key was depressed.  This led to hammers blocking,
>>bobbling, and a feel that could only be described as spongy.
>Keith,
>
>That's what's been causing me problems.  I've searched and searched,
>and I can't figure it out.  I've decreased blow distance, and there
>was not enough aftertouch and bobbling hammers regardless of how I
>tried to regulate it.
>
>I'll try to get back over there sometime early in the new year and
>see what I can figure out.  Very frustrating piano.
>
>Thanks for the input.

You're welcome, Dave.

I would like to add that when you go back out, to concentrate on
finding out what's creating the interference on just one of the
notes, dissect it, so to speak.

Another thing that comes to mind: If this huge gap space exists on
all 88 notes, then you have theoretically eliminated the damper
system from being the culprit. If

I envision the possibility of a jack stop rail device being set too
close to the jack levers, and therefore the jack levers are blocking
up against this rail, preventing the completion of normal key travel.

Whatever is causing the problem ought to be very obvious, but only
after you discover it.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern