regulation problems in Aeolian era M and H 50"

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:37:20 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

 Dave, I would say the best thing is to start completely again and remove
all the keys and every bit of packing underneath the key bed frame.=0D
=0D
 This way you can do it step by step, starting with the hammer travel
distance. =0D
=0D
Then, try different thicknesses of back touch and balance rail punchings =
give you minimal adjustments needed for both the lost motion, and the hei=
ght
of the keys above the front rail.=0D
=0D
You might also have to pack the balance rail as well.=0D
=0D
Once you have a good hammer travel and the correct height above the front
rail you can then worry about the depth of touch.=0D
=0D
If needed you can then pack under the front rail to bring up to a workabl=
key dip. =0D
=0D
When I was at a large firm we found that the USA pianos were the worst to
set up from scratch, and it was easier to completely remove all the packi=
ng
and washers and start again.=0D
=0D
It was quite usual to have a bit difference in the thickness of all of th=
packing to get it even.=0D
=0D
Bottom line is the get the keyframe and depths right. Then if it is
something in the action you will have a better chance of picking it up.=0D
=0D
Best of Luck=0D
=0D
Regards=0D