Plastic action parts

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:30:37 -0500

Arthur wrote:
"I thought the original ABS was great, but Kawai has taken the next step =
in developing the new action."

I am generally aware of the ABS thing Kawai has been doing, but what was =
their "next step" and what is different about their "new action" and =
when did that change occur?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MarinoPiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 7:01 AM
  Subject: Re: Plastic action parts

  To one and all I apologize for not signing my post praising the =
wonders, efficiency, ease of regulation and operation of the ABS parts =
in the Kawai pianos.

  More personal thoughts on that: As a pianist as well as a tech and =
rebuilder as well as a Kawai salesman, in my 40 odd years in the piano =
business  I have never played a more responsive and sensitive instrument =
than the Kawai grand pianos with the ABS carbon based action. =20

  I thought the original ABS was great, but Kawai has taken the next =
step in developing the new action. I look at my hands playing and almost =
can't believe what they are doing.  The pianos are inspiring and to me, =
the tonal response and control is unparalleled.

  PLAY ONE!!!  Cozy up to it!  Get to know it.  You WILL be impressed. =20

  As Don says,, 38 years is long enough to prove a product.

  Last week I sold a Kawai 608 console to a couple for their kid.  I =
started my ABS spiel, the guy said, "Don't bother selling me on ABS, I =
sold it to various manufacturers for years.  It is great stuff."

  Even Larry Fine, (No relation to Moe and Curley) states that there is =
nothing wrong with it.

  Arthur Marino