I Think I'll Eat My Words, Attention, Jim Coleman.

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:07:51 -0600

Good question !    If you have 2 speakers side by side, facing the same way,
they better be in faze, meaning, when 1 speaker is producing a positive
pulse, or negative,
the other 1 better be doing the  same at the same point in time.  If
not, when 1 speaker is
pushing air in 1 direction, and the other is pulling air in the other,
there will be a stalemate,
or a cancelling out of each other. Obviously , there is not a complete
cancellation, because
some sound is there, but much of the sound is missing.  ( mexican
standoff )  Had an organ
once which didn't seem to have much volume, and the dealer thought that
there must be
something wrong with the amplifier.  Well I checked, and everything
seemed quite normal.
I then checked the speakers, and found that they were hooked up opposite
to each other.
Soon as I reversed the leads, the organ increased volume to almost
double. The dealer thought
I was a genius, [and I didn't tell him any different.]  People  who pay
you money , should be allowed
 think what they like, noooo ?????

Carl / Winnipeg/ Canada