square grand tuning: fun

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 02:18:54 EST

Tom,

I've tuned one, and only one, and my experience was similar to yours.  It had
a really sweet sound, especially when tuned to 438(prescribed on the plate in
factory letters) to a Broadwood's best temperament.  My back didn't hurt
either.  While the action wasn't up to modern standards(no abs-graphite in
there...:-), it worked okay for simple stuff.  All in all, a rewarding experience.

Glad to hear you enoyed it,

Dave Stahl