Piano Finder Fee

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:15:48 -0500

I have been asked by a client of mine to find a good used piano for =
their daughter. I am always happy to work with folks to get rid of the =
junk and get a nice piano. The guy is willing to spend up to the $3K to =
$4K range (maybe a nice used Yamy upright). He appears to be the type of =
guy that simply doesn't have the time to do it himself, but wants it to =
happen. He said "find me a nice piano and I'll take care of you".

We didn't talk about any specifics.

So it seems apparent to me that he is willing to pay a finder's fee if I =
find him a nice piano. I am aware that some dealers will sell a piano =
for a private owner on consignment. I don't know what percentage is =
typical. I sold two bicycles at two different stores for a 25% =
consignment fee. I have a third at another store that will charge a 15% =
consignment fee. What kind of consignment fees do stores charge for a =
piano sold on consignment. Is that any basis for a finder's fee?

Has anyone done this sort of thing for a third party? How did it work. =
What were the financial arrangements?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell