Piano Finder Fee

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:28:52 -0700

Terry,
    It's a tough one. My personal policy is that if I don't actually sell
the piano, I don't claim a fee. I ask for ALL the service work, forever, of
course. I have accepted tips, etc., but I don't impose a charge. On the
other hand (you've got different fingers), it's fair to expect reward for
services rendered. So.... of the seller is a private party, either buy the
piano for resale or just put the buyer and seller together and be the good
guy. Do the inspection/evaluation service call, at regular prices. You'll
get paid, one way or the other. If the seller is not a private party, then
work out a deal with the seller for a piece of the action, not the buyer.
And never accept payment from both. That's a can of worms you don't wanna open.

If you're willing to buy, call DoReMi at 309-821-0695. There are others,
also, that sell to techs.
VictoryPianos is at 828-758-0011  . The list is almost endless.

There's a lot of similar discussion in the archives. Good luck tracking it
down.

Happy Solstice,
Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Frozen Desert, NM