digital?

Don Mannino donmannino@comcast.net
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 21:19:58 -0800

James,

The newest digital pianos do pedal resonances and even allow ghosting of=20
notes (holding some silently and playing others to excite harmonics on the=
=20
silent notes).  I know that the high end Kawai CA series has both of these=
=20
features, and I believe some of the Yamaha models do as well.

The Kawai models also have variable tone quality on each note based on=20
velocity - something akin to hammers sounding mellow when played soft, and=
=20
have more brightness and bite when played hard.  In addition, there is a=20
featured called the "virtual technician" which allows fine adjustment to=20
the tone quality and tuning type.

As a pianist, though, there is never any doubt about whether they are as=20
satisfying to play as a real piano.  There still is no comparison.

Don Mannino RPT