digital?

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 08:44:51 -0600

Thanks Don.
It is very difficult to keep up with the competition instruments just =
reading the hype.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Don Mannino=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 11:19 PM
  Subject: Re: digital?

  James,

  The newest digital pianos do pedal resonances and even allow ghosting =
of notes (holding some silently and playing others to excite harmonics =
on the silent notes).  I know that the high end Kawai CA series has both =
of these features, and I believe some of the Yamaha models do as well.

  The Kawai models also have variable tone quality on each note based on =
velocity - something akin to hammers sounding mellow when played soft, =
and have more brightness and bite when played hard.  In addition, there =
is a featured called the "virtual technician" which allows fine =
adjustment to the tone quality and tuning type.

  As a pianist, though, there is never any doubt about whether they are =
as satisfying to play as a real piano.  There still is no comparison.

  Don Mannino RPT=20