Square grand tuning: fun

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:06:59 -0800

Jack Wyatt said: "Hello Joe.
=20
    Do you need a double tipped oblong hammer
head now?
   =20
   My Son has a large collection of odd and old
hammers including several of the double tipped
heads.  My Sq. tuning  hammer is 23 in. long.
    =20
    My solution  to tuning Squares is the same=20
as I use  in all cases of doing work that I don't
really  want to do.  " I  CHARGE SO MUCH THAT=20
 I  " REALLY   WANT "    -- TO DO  IT."

Jack,
(I'm a bit late in responding....blame the season!<G>) Thanks for the =
offer, but I have several, now. I keep accumulating them. Many had weird =
threads, but I re-tapped them to fit the many different handles I have.
Speaking of "collections", have you seen the Piano Hospital/Ken Serviss =
collection of tuning hammers? They are housed in miniature Upright piano =
case, that folds out to display them. It's a real gem. (I think it would =
be a great addition to the Foundation, if'n you can con....er... talk =
them out of it!<G>
Back attcha w/the Christmas Greetings.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.