Digital?

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:00:06 -0800

Hey folks! Digital pianos are a viable part of the art of making music. =
I don't curse them, but choose to look at their attributes. A digital =
keyboard, (ya notice I didn't use the word piano....cause it ain't!<G>), =
is a boon for many working musicians. It can add/keep enthusiasm for =
students. If a client has a keyboard, (and many do), I encourage them to =
put the keyboad at right angles to the piano, so that the best of each =
is utilized. I also tell my clients the down sides of keyboards. Such =
as, it does not properly promote muscle tone, required to play a real =
piano, (notice I didn't say an "acoustic piano"! I hate that =
term!grrrrr!) It does help ear training, but it doesn't have the =
acoustic neuonces of a real piano, (thus the boredom thingee mentioned =
in previous posts.). I could go on, a lot longer, but suffice it to say =
that Digital Keyboards are here to stay and can be a nice adjunct to the =
music making process.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police