digital?

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:30:47 -0800

Pianos are almost like organic "living" things with a soul! replacing the
acoustic piano with something digital  would be like replacing a human with
a robot. In some ways it might be more efficient at certain tasks, would not
require food, sleep or coffee breaks, but without a soul and and personality
and all the human characteristics, good and bad....what a boring, anesceptic
thing it would be! Howabout a fake lawn, because it lasts longer, doesn't
require mowing or water, or all plastic plants in your house and yard? The
simple fact is that digital keyboards are ok for certain applications, but
are in no way an improvement or even an equivelent to the acoustic piano.
Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Barbara Richmond" <piano57@flash.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: digital?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 16:59:02 -0600

Guy,

Not only can one "tucker" out, tendonitis can occur!  Even though
I would tell myself I was only playing a keyboard, the musician in me would
automatically try to get that keyboard to react like a piano.  I remember
playing for an event and thinking, "Well, at least in this section I
can settle for playing softly,"  and then the sound man took over and
bumped up my volume.  So much for expression!    :-)

Barbara Richmond