Year End

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:39:51 -0600

Andrew,

Thank you once again.

Hubert
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ANRPiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 12:10 PM
  Subject: Re: Year End

  In a message dated 12/25/2004 11:39:29 A.M. Central Standard Time, =
hubertliverman@bellsouth.net writes:
    I have had a disastrous year. Your insightful post eased my =
panic,reminded me of the realities of my situation, gave me hope for the =
coming year,and overcome a very bleak Christmas.

    Thank You,

    Hubert Liverman
  Hubert,

  I understand completely!  For most of my adult life I have taken the =
Christmas break to do some serious reevaluation of my life and work and =
make plans for the next year.  One's goals often get smashed on the =
shoals of life however progress can still be made.  I think it is =
important to keep careful records of life's successes and failures, =
without the record you really have no idea of where you are at and where =
you have come from.  Over time you gain perspective on the seasons of =
business.  During the tech bubble of the late 1990's you would hear all =
kinds of non-sense that we are entering a new business cycle in which =
there would be no down periods and profits don't matter.  Well, we all =
know what happened.  All business always go through cycles.  Those that =
learn to weather the down times survive to enjoy the spring and summer.  =
Business which can't or won't adapt to changing times and needs are left =
on the ash heap of history.  If business has been slow and you are not =
doing anything different to change the course of your work, you are a =
fool if you expect the results of your activities to change.  If you =
always waited for you phone to ring, it might be time to pick it up =
yourself and ring it on the other end.  It really doesn't matter if you =
hate to make phone calls, that may be just what you need to do to =
survive. =20

  Good luck and keep at it.

  Andrew