Year End

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:36:28 EST

Dean
   Well stated. I can't imagine working for someone else at this  stage of
life. I've run my own schedule for so long any thin else would feel  very
foreign. It's a priviledge to do what we do & how we do it. If our  businesses are
run like such then hopefully & over time ,they are built up  into something
that meets our financial needs.
  My statement about aiming for the high end is better stated as ,try  to be
the guy who can trouble shoot & fix any piano related problem &  word gets
around. Especially the high end. Yes the low end pays the mortgage.  Been there,
done plenty of that(20 years out of 32), but I didn't enjoy much  about it
except the people & the paycheck. Yes the low end needs service too  but
attending to it is no longer a choice I wish to make. I'd rather sell  hot dogs & the
fair.
 We all do what we have/want to do & make choices we want to  make.
    Dale Erwin

Indeed, look at your lifestyle. Because of  this wonderful profession we get
to LIVE life while the corporate suits are  locked into their daily routine.
We get to arrange our schedules around  important family events, lunches with
spouses or at home, etc. Our poor  brothers in the corporate world can only
look forward to the kind of life we  live in their retirement years, when they
are older and their family is  already gone. What good is the money then?

Somehow I believe that investing in my  family with a flexible schedule now
is going to pay greater dividends in my  later years than a huge retirement
fund.

Blessings,

Dean