Tuning Levers

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:04:53 -0500

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the List. I use an impact lever for pitch raises on verticals,
and a Renner/Bowman creation for everything else. And of course, mine are
the best.

Beyond stating what we use though, it's really pretty hard to suggest to
someone what type lever might work best for them. Some folks will swear that
this or that design is superior - and maybe it is for them, but perhaps not
for you. I really think the best thing to do is to go to a PTG conference
(you DO go, right?) - the Annual in KC would be a good choice, and try as
many different types as you can (there will be dozens of diffent styles to
try). Talk to different folks about why they like their lever. And then
cross your fingers and take a plunge!

Terry Farrell