low end pianos

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:22:56 EST

Admirable attitudes one and all.  I share in it the vast majority of the
time.  There are times, however, when just getting all the notes working takes up
a fair share of the appointment time I've scheduled for the client.  In those
cases, time is the limiting factor, and I point out to the client that at this
particular appointment, getting the piano functioning is the priority.

On pianos where everything works at least reasonably well, I'm in total
agreement with y'all.  It will probably be a far longer time between tunings for
the economically challenged.  And let's face it--if they can stretch the budget
to pay (usually at a very discounted price) for piano servicing, they are more
likely to appreciate your work than someone for whom their Steinway is just
another dust-collecting status symbol.

Dave Stahl