Automotive analogies

Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:41:55 -0000

Hello List - and Conrad H
You mentioned: "/Lindner" in your list.
Please don't! This is the worst ever imaginable bit of hardware. Made in =
Shannon, Ireland, with hollow plastic keys, flat spring "balance pins" =
plastic and aluminum action parts in a MDF box. The plastic was about 20 =
years before its time and breaks down. The frame is welded hollow steel =
bar.  The action frame was pressed steel with a catch at each end to =
release it from the piano. The action parts were held into the extruded =
alloy frame by plastic press-fit parts which break as soon as you touch =
them. The keys are likewise held in to the metal key-frame - a frame =
which, on removal of a large bolt at either end, folds down into the =
base of the upright version. It is strung vertically with two =
strings-per-note. When the firm went bust in the 60s the work-force was =
paid off in redundant pianos - so I heard.
I never, ever, want to see one again. Ever. Never. N'ever. Non...!
Regards from a fading day in Sussex
Michael G (UK) ever. never....