Automotive analogies

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:09:19 -0600

At 15:41 2/3/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello List - and Conrad H
>You mentioned: "/Lindner" in your list.
>Please don't! This is the worst ever imaginable bit of hardware. Made in
>Shannon, Ireland, with hollow plastic keys, flat spring "balance pins"
>plastic and aluminum action parts in a MDF box. The plastic was about 20
>years before its time and breaks down. The frame is welded hollow steel
>bar.  The action frame was pressed steel with a catch at each end to
>release it from the piano. The action parts were held into the extruded
>alloy frame by plastic press-fit parts which break as soon as you touch
>them. The keys are likewise held in to the metal key-frame - a frame
>which, on removal of a large bolt at either end, folds down into the base
>of the upright version. It is strung vertically with two strings-per-note.
>When the firm went bust in the 60s the work-force was paid off in
>redundant pianos - so I heard.
>I never, ever, want to see one again. Ever. Never. N'ever. Non...!

Moi, aussi!

It goes to prove, however, that nothing is entirely useless - it can always
serve as a horrible example.

Squinting at the glare of bright sun on fresh snow...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.