Laminated Soundboard Panels

Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:51:06 -0000

Hello List and Ron Overs
I am very glad I posted the "anti" laminated view - if only to get such =
an interesting rtesponse as yours. I feel your post has cleared the air =
for many readers. As for ABS action parts - that's a splendid notion. I =
reckon that if the material had been available to Lindner they'd have =
used it instead of plastic and they'd probably be still in business =
today. I wonder how ABS reacts to the various approaches to wooden =
action problems such as steam reduction of centre-pin hole enlargement.
As for remodelling Strads - the neck has to be longer and at a different =
angle to the body in order to reach those higher notes written for the =
violin than in Stradivarius' time. I believe in his will, Albert Sandler =
requested that his Strad be buried along with him. What a waste.....=20
Ron, is your new patent-applied-for grand action, I enthused over in =
November last, built with ABS materials? What is it like to work with - =
and do cutting edges get blunted quickly?
Regards
Michael G (UK) Wet and Soggy Sussex..