Yamaha repair

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 21:17:38 -0800

Ron and list,

The nice thing about replacing the cords is that the hammers do not need
to be traveled or shaped, and there is no worry about cross threading
the flange screws or having to return to retighten the new flanges.
Also, since a lot of the Yamahas I work on are of the grey market
variety, there's no need to resort to creative ways of obtaining Yamaha
flanges.

I always work in the shop and it takes about two hours to complete the job.

Tom Cole

ps: I'm working on getting an electronic copy of my handout to those who
asked.