Aging of hammer felt

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:18:28 -0800 (PST)

I believe that decades of humidity cycling usually
shrinks the felt, making the hammers harder.
     But I have encountered some truly wonderul
hammers ( a few ) over 70 years old. So this must
depend, to some degree, on the original mode of
manufacture and materials used.
     Thump

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>