Fw: Service call frustration?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sat, 7 Feb 2004 21:36:18 -0000

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Michael Gamble=20
To: Pianotech=20
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: Service call frustration?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hello List and Dave S.
who said: "  Unlike your customer, the people I get who are so picky =
usually DON'T play the piano a lick, they just go up and down the =
keyboard one firmly-struck note at a time, with one ear cocked to the =
piano.  Because they don't play or understand pianos a lick(usually), =
the problem is not well articulated.   "
Then there's the client who simply hits a not (any note -particularly in =
the treble) saying: "there! That one's out of tune!" The unisons are in =
OK - but they only hit ONE note. I really don't know how these people =
manage to be so clever. I can't remember so precisely by just playing =
one note, how it conforms to its fellow 8ve, or M5 or M6 without playing =
both notes. But they seem to!
Regards from someone who says "the client is always right" That'll teach =
me... or - will it? :-)Michael G (UK)