OT political rhetoric

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:16:00 -0500

MessageHi Peter,

You missed my point, which was that the truth is so damning that there =
is no need to embellish.  In fact I suspect it would hurt any Democratic =
candidate to stray even slightly from the straight-line truth, as has =
been the case for both sides in past elections (mostly "bending" of the =
truth).  My point is that this may be an incredibly interesting election =
year, as the dynamics of the campaigns (left, right, and center) may =
depart radically from what we are used to seeing in recent decades.  =
Mind you, this is all opinion and speculation on my part, and I could be =
wrong.  However, I anticipate a very interesting match between =
candidates, replete with some very sophisticated PR and spin work on =
both sides!  I'm not very pleased to live through this dark period in =
our nation's history, but on the other hand, I feel privileged to be =
witness to what may be one of our most defining moments.  If we make it =
through this tunnel intact, we'll have quite a lot to tell our =
grandchildren!

Regarding my self-identification re political temperment, I feel it is =
necessary, since I'm being accused of being an extreme left-wing =
Democrat.  While I'm a social liberal, I'm also a fiscal conservative =
and independent voter -- not the garden variety, "my party, right or =
wrong," Democrat or Republican.  I'm afraid it's both the liberal *and* =
conservative sides of my political ideology that will swing my vote the =
same direction this election year.  Never before has my decision been =
this clear, and I don't even need to know who's on the Democratic =
ticket!

Sorry to get political again.  I tried to restrain my commentary to =
generalities and election dynamics.  I'm not a sports fan, but I would =
think this is somewhat like "the big game" coming up.  I'm excited about =
it.  That's all.

Peace,
Sarah
 =20