D-C 25 watt rods

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:20:00 -0500

--=====================_77094500==.ALT

Listers and Listees,
         Thank you for the feedback. While it is not as much discussion as=
=20
I had hoped it, I believe, had the desired result. While Ruth Phillips=20
mentions below that the 25Watt Rod was discontinued as a system staple I=20
have to disagree. The part number G6PS (top item on page 22 of the Jansen=20
catalogue includes both a 2' and a 4' 25 watt rod. I also disagree with=20
others that posted (Don I think it was) who said that the two rods=20
producing very different amounts of heat would not necessarily produce an=20
imbalance. I paraphrased to clarify my point but I can't see how it could=20
be anything but. Don's argument was that I did not take into account=20
convection currents. It would seem to me that if one was too hot to hold=20
and the other could be held all day being only luke warm then any=20
convection currents would be more in the category of WIND to not produce an=
=20
imbalance. I can agree with others who have posted that they never noticed=
=20
any problems. Neither have I. Even though the two bars produce an entirely=
=20
different amount of heat they are not necessarily doing damage. It seems=20
that it could certainly be said, however, that they are not doing the best=
=20
job possible. Any further thoughts?

Greg

At 06:25 PM 2/11/2004, you wrote:

>Greg - the 25 watt rod was discontinued as a system staple long ago.
>On the soundboard, once compression has taken place, drying the wood is=20
>not going to make it disappear.  When you install a system you will find=20
>that the wood changes - that is about all you can say with=20
>certainty.  With the right equipment, properly installed, the system will=
=20
>stabilize the wood.  Once it stabilizes, you can make corrections based on=
=20
>what you find at that point.  It may take some time as there will be=20
>residual change, such as there is when you change pitch.  Every change=20
>causes reactions, and you keep at it until the change is so miniscule that=
=20
>the reaction is meaningless.
>I hope this helps to clarify what you found.
>Ruth Phillips

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20