Yam C7 Loose tuningpins

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:48:43 +0100

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

List,

Tuned a two years old Yamaha C7 yesterday and was surprised to find =
about 8 loose and jumpy tuningpins in about the same area, ( G4 to D4) =
while the rest of the pins where normaly tight and smoothly turning.
I was wandering why this happend (bad drill? to fast feed rate and thus =
to much heat while drilling? other reasons?)

While the client asked to the seller to fix this problem with the =
guarantee, I was just curious to know how such a problem can be solved? =
(remove the offending pins, clean the hole with a pinhole brush and =
repining  with two sizes larger pins?)
Would these pins stay jumpy after repinning?

Thanks for any advice,
Pierre Gevaert
Belgium

=20