they gotta pay for your wife's jewels.

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:39:27 +0100

Hello Phil,

I occasionally visit the province of Limburg in the deep South in=20
Holland, near the border with Belgium.
To get there takes me =B1 2,5 hours.
Of course I  will not go that far for a tuning, but only do technical=20
work.
There are no experienced technicians there who can do a good service=20
job like regulation and voicing so professionals are very glad that I=20
will come all the way  down.
I warn them beforehand that if they are not willing to compensate for=20
my TOTAL costs, I will of course not come to their instruments.
That means that they know beforehand that they pay extra charges for=20
hotel costs and car expenses.
If I have, say, four clients in 2 days, I let them pay each a 4th of=20
the total costs.
It is of course much more expensive than 'normal', but there is no=20
normal there and so they simply have to pay.

The same applies, more or less, to customers who live say 30 miles away=20=

from my home.
They have to pay for my time and gasoline costs.
How else could I make a decent enough living?
If the next one lives 5 minutes away, you can choose for a standard=20
rate or just devide the costs between them.
Up to you.
I understand also that one another depends on your reputation. Are you=20=

famous? they gotta pay for your wife's jewels.

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Amsterdam -
The Netherlands

0031-20-6237357
0645-492389
0031-75-6226878
www.concertpianoservice.nl
www.grandpiano.nl

On 14-feb-04, at 13:08, Phil Bondi wrote:

> Hello to all.
>
> I am going to open a dialogue regarding trip charges. I have=20
> personally been avoiding this charge since day one, and I am starting=20=

> to think that this type of charge needs to be applied in some cases.=20=

> If you read on, I'm hoping you can offer some insight.
>
> -I got my break in this business doing dealership work..floor tunings=20=

> and warranty tunings. The dealership doesn't care where they sell to,=20=

> so there are times when I go a long ways to do a warranty tuning(my=20
> price to the dealership recently went up for this work, regardless of=20=

> locale)
>
> -The growth in this part of the country is starting to migrate north=20=

> of me - approximently 30 miles from my home and beyond.
>
> -I know what you're thinking: Establish a 'territory' when trip=20
> charges don't apply, and go from there.
>
> -For those that charge trip charges, is there a set fee or does it=20
> change in regards to the mileage from the home?
>
> -Let's say I have 2 appts. in Tripcharge City. The 2nd appointment is=20=

> 10 minutes away from the first appt. Do you apply a trip charge for=20
> the 2nd appt.? - and is it the same as the charge to the first appt.?
>
> -Would you start to apply a trip charge to those in Tripcharge City=20
> that have been customers for awhile?
>
> -I tend to wrestle with this kind of stuff and perhaps dwell too much=20=

> on it - but I do want to be fair to my clients and especially to=20
> myself.
>
> I look forward to your comments.
>

>  Phil=A0Bondi=A0(FL)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...