Yeah!!! Political Questions ( very OT - feel free to delete )

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:44:16 +0100

Phillip Ford wrote:

>> Ok... that makes about 10 to one..... 10 posts argueing back and
>> forth about whether political posts should be written... for every
>> political post that actually IS written. Just counting :)
>>
>> Cheers
>> RicB
>

> For this particular discussion, yes.  In my case, as I think in the
> case of others, it's been a long buildup of OT stuff that finally made
> me say something.  If you were to count up all the posts over the last
> two or three months about Kevorkian (sp?), politics, etc. and compare
> them to the relatively few posts we have had recently saying enough is
> enough, then the numbers would look a lot different. By the way, did
> you include your post in the count?

Grin..the count was quite rought as it were... and  you are 100 %
correct.. the list has been very tolerant this past couple weeks or
so... but then on the other hand its been a long quiet spell from the
political / religious camp as well.

> It seems that the only thing that seems to keep this stuff down to a
> manageable level is for a few people occasionally to yell about it.

Yep.... works great too. Most of us respect getting shouted down as it
were... and even support the sentiment when it comes down to it.