How much is that baby in the window?

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:20:50 -0500

Hi all,

I had to laugh today, when I visited an upscale antique shop.  They had =
a couple of baby grands that were apparently tung oiled, had ivories =
intact, looked OK, apart from details like missing key slips, had =
terrible looking soundboards, had keys that were so jaggedly positioned =
that there was obviously some serious stuff going on.  I didn't have to =
play it to see.  Price?  $4000.  One had a sign saying "Con Bel."  Is =
that a make?

Amazing!

Do you folks get rid of some of your beaters that way?  Through the =
antique circuit?  If not, you should.

Peace,
Sarah