damper wires hitting string(s)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:13:28 -0800

Ucci said: "Can you suggest the proper procedure for eliminating the ringing
dampers?"

 Might I suggest a remedy that came from Yamaha. Many times, in shipping, if
the piano is on it's side for a long time, the damper guide rails will
shift, a bit, to the bass side. Try loosening all of the Guide rail screws.
Wedge to the treble and tighten the screws again. I've done this a few times
and it works, without getting the dampers all out of whack.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I