yamaha p-22

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:06:21 +0100

Keith McGavern wrote:

> Rick,
>
> Actually, there is something you can do. Something I did on a Baldwin
> Hamilton just last year.
>

> Removed the stop felts on the hammer rest rail, thereby increasing the
> hammer blow distance to at least 2 1/4". Then I adjusted the capstans so
> the jacks would return once again under the hammer butts.

Hmm... perhaps I am reacting prematurly here... but on first reaction...
you increased the blowdistance... a lot... :).. then lowered the
capstans to let the jacks be able to return.... and nothing else ?? What
happened to let off ? It would almost seem to me the jack tails wouldnt
even reach the tender buttons with the capstans that low...

> Because of the two simple acts, he is one very happy camper!
>
> There are other adjustments that are affected should you do the above
> changes. You need to check and readjust if absolutely necessary the
> damper spoon lift, let-off and/or key travel/dip.

Sounds like a rather time consuming revamp of the regulation to get
things to work to me. How much time did you use on this ?