yamaha p-22

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:16:13 -0500

Sounds to me like Keith came up with a pretty ingenious solution. Although
increasing blow distance by 3/8" is quite a bit. I suspect 1/8 to 3/16 would
make a significant difference and wouldn't affect all the other adjustments
as severely. I wouldn't think let-off or damper spoons would need changed at
all. If you were decreasing blow distance you might need to adjust damper
spoons, but not for increasing. Your primary adjustments will be lost motion
and increasing key dip. The latter would be most easily accomplished by
shimming the balance rail- probably 2 or 3 strips cut from card stock would
do it.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

Hmm... perhaps I am reacting prematurly here... but on first reaction...
you increased the blowdistance... a lot... :).. then lowered the
capstans to let the jacks be able to return.... and nothing else ?? What
happened to let off ? It would almost seem to me the jack tails wouldnt
even reach the tender buttons with the capstans that low...