Hartman Downbearing Gage vs. Lowell Gauge

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:22:41 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

>>About the only way it could be
>>simpler was if the bubble gage was calibrated in more sensible increments
>>of angle than 1/6 degree and if the degree units were actually marked on
>>the gage (and if he hadn't included instructions with the gage which make
>>something simple seem complicated).
>>
>>Phil Ford
>
>Precision level vials are typically calibrated in minutes of a degree
>(1/60�), and 10' divisions (1/6) aren't really that weird. The
>instructions, I agree, needed a little help.
>
>Ron N

Ah, I didn't realize that.  I guess it's me that's weird, not the
gage.  I'll still stick to thinking it would be nice if degrees were marked
on the gage though (although I suppose having a short run of custom
precision vials marked according to one's wishes might be injurious to the
pocketbook).  I wouldn't have minded if the vial had been a bit bigger as well.

Phil Ford