Hartman Downbearing Gage vs. Lowell Gauge

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:31:27 -0600

>Ah, I didn't realize that.  I guess it's me that's weird, not the
>gage.  I'll still stick to thinking it would be nice if degrees were marked
>on the gage though (although I suppose having a short run of custom
>precision vials marked according to one's wishes might be injurious to the
>pocketbook).  I wouldn't have minded if the vial had been a bit bigger as
>well.
>
>Phil Ford

If I was building a tool like this for sale, I'd try to find a stock
(therefor relatively inexpensive) vial that was adequately precise, and
specify the rest of the tool around that in hopes of producing something
useful and still making a profit. If that's what Tom did, I wonder where he
got his vials. There will be broken ones needing replacing, and no source
for them.

Ron N