OT: The Taxman Cometh

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:49:44 -0800

Don't forget to maximize your SEP-IRA.  Better to pay yourself than the government.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 2/23/2004 7:40:47 AM
Subject: OT: The Taxman Cometh

List(especially newly self-employed types),

If you are making more money than you expected to when you set up your tax payment schedule, don't forget to adjust your quarterly payments to compensate for the increased income.  I just found out from my tax person that I owe a hefty chunk of the "extra" income I made in 2003 to Uncle Sam on April 15th.  On top of that, I will owe two new, bonus-sized quarterly payments in April and June.  So much for savings and IRA contributions.

I love being self- employed the vast majority of the time.  This is not one of those times......:-(

Planning ahead in Portola Valley,

Dave Stahl