Iron frame cleaning

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:57:41 -0500

Soap and water or TSP or CLR are OK. But... It's very difficult to ge=
t to
the little corners and some spots are nearly unattainable. I recently=
 bought
a small sanblaster gun that I used with my compressor. Worked wonders=
 on the
plate (iron frame for Europeens). I was able to get to all the little
corners and hard to reach places and it made quite a difference.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]O=
Behalf Of Coello Servicio T=E9cnico de Pianos
  Sent: 26 f=E9vrier, 2004 16:13
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Iron frame cleaning

  Hello.
  I want to ask you what is the product you use for remove and elimin=
ate the
dirt in a 100 years or more iron frame?
  A person who have a painting bussiness suggested to use acetone, bu=
t when
I tried it, I have to use so much since the dirt is huge. That over-a=
cetone
made suddenly several black spots in the iron frame. I also don=B4t l=
ike to
work with that product since is not very effective I guess.
  I will paint the iron frame, but I need to know if there is a bette=
r way.
  thanks.

  I=F1aki Coello
  Valladolid. Spain.