Iron frame cleaning

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:36:11 -0800 (PST)

I use "Superclean", "Purple Stuff" or one of their
clones in the "very, very concentrated liquid soap"
world. Outside, wearing gloves, goggles ( without vent
holes )a carbon filter mask and rubber boots! This
stuff will take ALL of the dirt and old gilding off (
which is usually shellac-based ) while leaving the
"Japanning" undercoat ( which is usually asphalt based
).
     Gordon