removing a hammer rail!??

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:49:07 -0500

Easy. Just remove the action bracket at the end with the odd-facing
mount. You may also have to remove the hammer butt adjacent to each of
the other mounts to gain clearance enough to slide the rail to the side
before removal.

- Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: pianolover 88 [mailto:pianolover88@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 1:37 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: removing a hammer rail!??

I've never had to remove an upright hammer rail...until now.  I cannot
figure out HOW to remove it without bending or just plain PULLING out at

least one of those retainer "L" shaped thingees that it moves back and
forth
on. On this particular piano, two go one way and the third goes the
other,
"locking" it into place. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the the
third one, so then the rail will simply slide out, but I can't move the
rail
even a little ways,  to unscrew it; I know there must be a way but i
don't
see it. Any ideas? thanks!

Terry Peterson

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed