Steinway Style 2 (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:59:25 +0100

John Hartman wrote:

> Richard, Kent,

Ok... I'm a bit unclear on a couple things here. The pic on the left is
Hartmans reproducition of the same type of pinblock, and I see something
I wasnt origionally aware of... the pinblock itself seems to extend
under the plank of wood that recieved the rosewood veneer... (is this
what you term the <<yoke>> ? ), but it brings me to the question I
origionally asked about why that piece in Kents piano seems <<wrong>> if
the pinblock has rotated.  Why doenst this plank also show signs of
twisting... or rotating in Kents piano. Is it just the picture doesnt
show it ?  Looking a Hartmans reproduction it would seem like if the
pinblock rotates, then this plank would have to be affected also and
that that should be pretty visable.

You dont have a picture of the plate itself do you John ?

Cheers
RicB