Modifying Steinway music desk support

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 20:35:14 EDT

List
  I've noticed that new Steinways have a brass folding  music desk support.
I've purchased some from piano tech but I'm having  difficulty finding a
location on the desk that works for fully open or fully  closed. If it's fully open
it won't lay flat. If it's positioned to be fully  flat it won't stand
completely upright.
  What am I missing?
My question is do thesnew Steinways have a riser block for the  support to
sit on which gives it more throw or what?
  Dale

Erwins Pianos  Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357
209-577-8397
Rebuilt  Steinway , Mason &Hamlin  Sales
www.Erwinspiano.com