Modifying Steinway music desk support

Mark Ultsch multsch@jvlnet.com
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:11:21 -0500

thanks for the time and for lunch, Neil and Carol.  It was good to meet =
and visit with folks.  I was extrememly impressed with the kids.  I'm =
planning on coming to the shop on Monday late morning-- ok??

Maybe Mark will be there too.

Stand by, Neil, for some good responses to this question.

Mark
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2004 7:35 PM
  Subject: Modifying Steinway music desk support

      List=20
    I've noticed that new Steinways have a brass folding music desk =
support. I've purchased some from piano tech but I'm having difficulty =
finding a location on the desk that works for fully open or fully =
closed. If it's fully open it won't lay flat. If it's positioned to be =
fully flat it won't stand completely upright.
    What am I missing?
  My question is do thesnew Steinways have a riser block for the support =
to sit on which gives it more throw or what?
    Dale=20

  Erwins Pianos Restorations=20
  4721 Parker Rd.
  Modesto, Ca 95357