cholesterol OT OT

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- Sarah Fox <sarah@graphic-fusion.com> wrote:
> Hi Duaine,
>
> > For real, doctors don't have a clue as to the
> cause of high or low
> > cholesterol (as well as other ailments, like
> obesity)

Oh, come on now! Cholesterol is produced by the liver,
and the human body makes all that it needs. When
animal flesh is eaten, though, the cholesterol in it
enters the bloodsteam, sticks to to walls of arteries
and eventually clogs them. This is why vegetarians are
only about one-fifth as likely to have heart attacks
or strokes. BASIC scientific knowledge, really! But
not widely disseminated, because the doctors ( and
rerereresearchers ) are having too much fun getting
rich off Americans' unfortunate eating habits!
     Thump