Intervals

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 06:05:08 -0800

David ( and list)..

Thanks. I'm still working on a way to display the degree of synchronous =
beating in each key -- e.g. in the major triad, the beating of the CE =
major third mingles with the beating of the EG minor third, and in some =
keys in some temperaments, these beat rates are in a 2:1 OR 3:2 ratio, =
which gives them a kind of tremolo effect, which is (empirically, =
subjectively) especially moving when the beat rate is in the area of 6 =
per second.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: Jason Kanter ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 7:06 PM
  Subject: Re: Intervals

  I got it.  I think the problem I had was that I first went to Ron =
Koval's Variable 1.9 which is loaded into the VT as Variable 2.0.  The =
offsets are different--not surprising given their different names.  I =
assume Ron modified one or the other as a product of further develpment. =
  Do you know which is the most current of that particular temperament?  =
Perhaps if Ron is listening... he can comment.

  Nice collection of information, btw.  My compliments on putting it =
together.  Though I knew about the site, I had not visited it.

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

    ----- Original Message -----=20