loose loose tuning pins

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:50:01 EST

Greetings.

             How tight can CA glue make really loose tuning pins? Is there a
limitation to it's effectiveness. I would think if they are really loose, (so
loose that you can actually see a tuning hammer ride back as fast as the sweep
second hand of a watch!) that maybe 4 treatments on those pins might do the
trick, but I don't know. Any suggestions? What sanctions a repinning job? If
one does re-pin a piano must all the strings be replaced with new ones or can
you re-string the old back on?

Julia Gottchall
Reading, PA