humidity level for conditioning new pinblock

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 18:48:54 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the feedback about the pinblock mc
conditioning prior to drilling.

With the dehumidifier running full tilt again (rain
here in TN for last several days) the shop humidity
level has come down.  The pinblock in the hot tent is
being basked in 38% rh.  Was 44% yesterday and 54% two
days ago.  I don't think the block was exposed to the
60+ rh for too long, so I don't think I'm too worried.
 I don't have the Hoadley handbook - is that the
Physical Laboratory Handbook?

I think my dehumidifier maybe too small for my shop
(1400 sq. ft.) since it runs constantly in the spring,
summer and fall.  I shoot for about 45% rh.  Does
anyone else's dehumidifier in a similar climate have
to work that hard?

Bob Hull