one rubber mute

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:43:01 -0800

> Sheesh! This is an archaic technique that should be put out of it's miser=
y!
> Enough already! Please?????
> Just BUY some more mutes Mr. Cheapskate!<G>

Dude----maybe YOU are an archaic old poophead that needs to be put out of
its(his?) misery...<g>

Bottom line is this: I tune this way because I like to---a lot--- and
because it makes my tuning better, and because THAT makes me more money.  I=
other people are interested in this old-school protocol, great.
If not, great.  I think my tuning sounds better than any other tuning I=B9ve
heard live, with the exception of a piano I heard that was prepared by Eric
Schandall. I love it, my clients love it, it takes about the same time as
alla y=B9all=B9s tuning---it=B9s all good. I=B9m not advocating wholesale migration
to the technique; I=B9m just keeping it alive because, for me, it makes the
pianos sound so beautiful, and it=B9s big fun for me.

Actually, today I tuned an old, worn-out Steinway on the stage of the
Hollywood Palladium. I went from start to finish in 47 minutes; it started
out about 2 cents low (average) and ended up on pitch.

I do a real, real close pitch raise in 20-25 minutes.

I=B9m a good dancer, and I like making macaroni and cheese.

Best to all....

David Andersen